Thursday, June 7, 2012

See it my way


Writer’s POV:

Point of view.
See it my way.
Even if no one but God reads this blog, I am going to remind myself of the gift, the call, the possible ministry and activity that is a sum total of my life’s passion:  writing. The written word. Crafting a good story on paper.
I am lost on the idea of being commercial like Rowing, famed like Shakespeare, cool like King and deep like Morrison that I am forgetting people should discover Ms. J.

Maybe because everyone wants it—the writer thing. The lit life. The admiration of creating something from your head and making it real.   Maybe everyone else seems to be getting what I am not—the glory, the admiration—heck, even the money.

Who am I? 

I am a black woman from Jacksonville, FL whose mix of life and knowledge gave way to my writing style.
I love romance. I worship a good God. I want to captivate you.

So I am (in an attempt to brand myself) an inspirational interracial romance fiction writer who can cross into suspense and sci-fi if I choose so when I am not writing contemporary fiction.

Love has no color but comes from one God.

I have a poet’s soul and a novelist’s thinking with the attention span of a short fiction writer who imagines screenplays.
So yes, I do this writing thing for a reason.
And, my dream—my prayer, is that I don’t forget to be me.

Writing: help me shine.


No comments:

Post a Comment