I was surprised at how instantaneous
many of the “likes” and reviews for my current fanfic came after I published
it. I know people think that fanfic is
garbage (it can be…) and I now use writing fanfiction as a means to divert my attention
off being heavily P.O.ed at my works in progress when they don’t play nice. The
cocky side of me wants to brush my shoulders off and stick my chest out. But,
least be real, the readers did not have to read it.
A few of the comments
that really got was that people were happy to see that the two teen characters
were real. In my mind, I did not want to heavily sexualized two seventeen-year-olds
nor make it a piece so fluff-ridden, you would get a toothache.
I’m finding myself
wanting to tackle the tangled notions of intimacy, romance, love and sex. All
together, one’s love life is fulfilling. Fragmented, it’s hell IMO. In my
fanfic, the male lead grapples with feelings the hots for his female best
friend after seeing her naked. Is it lust? It’s it love?
I loved that I managed
to attract readers without making it a bodice ripper or sterile. Teens do deal
with the nitty gritty and we should NOT hide it, but we should NOT glorify it then
punish them for indulging in such feelings/emotions.
I do know what I’m doing.
I just got show
everyone else that. (First, by being focused)
Writing: I can do this.
If you dare to read it:
Have you published anything on Amazon? If so, what's your author name?
ReplyDelete