I seem to be wearing out the "new post" button on my blog lately. I also seem to be wearing out one particular track from above mentioned jazz artist as I continue to hit the replay button on "Wear It Out".
It's weird, but all of my latest works seem to have "mood music" associated with them.
For SNAP SHOT, it's "You Are My Starship" by Norman Connors. It's "Just A Dream" by Eric Robeson for SALT IN MY COFFEE. The current song may find itself attached to one of my future/in-my-mind project, NEGATIVES.
And of course, mood music brings...well, the mood. I'm sure that we all know what that means.
(We're all adults here, right?)
As a romance writer, you would think this would be almost a requirement of the job. Romantic music associated with romantic writing. Big leap you're thinking.
For me, as always, things aren't just face value.
Everything has deeper meaning. We writers are always seek deep symbols and deeper meanings to the simple things. Like music.
I battle flesh daily as an imperfect person serving a perfect God. So, one must be mindful of what she listens to, writes, etc. I maintain my stance that I love writing romance, but I try to control the heat levels as much as possible.
Sure, "they fell in love at the ice cream social at church" is boring and weak to me, but to document purple prose in heavy detail? That turns me off. Like I mentioned in an older post, romance is a balance of sensual and sweet and spicy. Too much of one and not another, well...that's no good.
And it's no good if I'm sending all of my readers to Hades as they hold their bosoms and fan themselves from the heat being too hot in the kitchen. So I too must be balanced.
Writing is a call, a passion and a great responsibility for me.
Do you feel me?
(Ok, replay button, here I come.)
No comments:
Post a Comment